Decision Time

     usually get in my head high expectations about how something is going to work or look and then find myself incredibly disappointed when they don’t go how I intended. So, I came into these programs with a negative attitude. I don't like having to compromise with the ideas in my head. Despite my initial resistance to trying new software, I soon began to really enjoy the programs. I could see the potential in them and quickly began to grow excited at all of the different possibilities.

    In the “intro to Premiere Pro” video began to play, I began attempting to load my videos on to the software, but even though the video was giving out detailed instructions I have a difficult time. There were also a lot of different little gadgets and tools in Premiere Pro that I was struggling to grasp how to use. Although I was having a had time with it in the beginning, I knew that this software was the sort of thing that you had to work with for awhile before you really got it. So rather than panic or stress I tried to absorb as much information as I could. In this movie editing software, I noticed that you could change the audio, add a title clip, put in fades, change the color look of a clip, shorten the length of a video, use different transitions, and more. This program, if I can figure out how to properly use it, could be very useful in my upcoming projectSince I will be required to convey the beginnings of a story in just 3 minutes of a movie adding a title scene is extremely helpful. Also, trimming and adding transitions will be useful as far as the real editing of each clip goes. In most movies there are several transition from characters different facial expression and I now know Premiere Pro would be useful in porting that.

  The second software was also interesting. Not only was I able to get it my pictures loaded in, but I also was grasping the way it worked much quicker than the other. I had a much easier time following along with the tutorial and I noticed lots of features. My favorite was the one where you can actually “turn off” a picture with high resolution temporarily while making edits. This prevents glitches and a slow-moving computer, which is generally the result of too much happening at one time, and the computer not being able to process it all efficiently. This can be super frustrating when working. There is nothing worse than having a great idea, and the losing it because you can't get the thought down quick enough. In InDesign you could also change a background picture, change fonts and font colors, edit in different shapes, completely cut out the background of another picture and combine many pictures on just a single page.

    struggled for a time with deciding between the two. I consider both programs very complicated, yet also very interesting and useful. After lots of consideration, I've decided on making a magazine. InDesign was the program that I understood best and worked with the most efficiently. My project will turn out much better with a program that I am more comfortable working on.





Comments