In all, I enjoyed the experience and learned a lot from storyboarding. The biggest take away I got was that while it may seem irrelevant or useless at first storyboarding is very important in the entire process of making a magazine. "Planning is a crucial part of the pre-production process. you need to have a story outline, a script, and a storyboard before you begin..."(Film Making Across the Curriculum a Beginners Guide) Writing and drawing out all of my ideas on paper really helped me refine my concept and is going to make things a lot simpler when it comes time to take pictures. One pro to storyboarding is that what's written in the storyboard isn't written in stone, meaning I can always go back and make changes later. "Storyboarding is flexible. It is comprehensive. And it allows a group to generate a lot of ideas. Its only major drawback is that it takes a lot of time. In contrast to brainstorming, which is best used with a narrowly defined problem, storyboarding is ideal for solving complex problems - not only for providing solutions, but also for defining different aspects of a problem." (Story Boarding Your Way to Success). In fact I even changed a few things in my storyboard from my original concept. For example, I changed many of the article names to better fit the theme of this issue (Do It Yourself).
.



Comments
Post a Comment